Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Walking With Grandma

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Walking With Grandma

I like to walk with Grandma,
Her steps are short like mine.
She doesn't say, "Now hurry up!",
She always takes her time.

I like to walk with Grandma,
Her eyes see things like mine do --
Wee pebbles bright, a funny cloud,
Half hidden drops of dew.

Most people have to hurry,
They don't stop and see.
I'm glad that God made Grandma
Unrushed, and young like me.

~Author unknown*


In loving memory of my Grandpa Fischer, Grandpa Bear, Granny, and my father-in-law Harold... I miss you all so much!...

and

in honor of my Grandma Fischer... who always makes time for me...  as well as my parents and mother-in-law, the most devoted grandparents I could ever hope for my children to have:

Wishing you and all the other
loving, special, wonderful
 grandmas and grandpas out there
a very happy Grandparents Day!

*Earlier, I gave credit for writing this poem to my dear friend Thena Smith.  I had found it online, with her name attached, on several sites.  Thena has kindly informed me that she is not the poem's author.  I apologize for the error!

2 comments: